- 12 medium size squids, wash, remove the ouside membrane and
clean the inside of the squids. Rinse, drain, and set aside.
- 3 medium shallots minced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2-1 pound of lean ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger root
- 1 cup of soaked, cleaned, chopped tree ear mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon of 5-spice powder
- 1/2 cup of chopped green scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
fresh ground pepper| salt to taste
- Oil to brown the squids
- Coriander sprigs
- 1/2 cup of chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, brown the 1/2 of
minced shallots, garlic, chopped green onion, grated ginger roots. Combine with other
ingredients for stuffing. Mix well. Stuff the squid pouch with the mixture and sew the
openings to make a sack to keep the stuffing inside.
- Heat the oil to medium , brown the squids both sides and cook
through. Remove the pouches from the pan, add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to the pan to brown
the other half of chopped shallots and minced garlic.
- Slice the squids 1/2-inch thick slices. Arrange them on a
serving dish and pour the sauce of minced shallots and garlic over the slices of squids.
- You can add 2 chopped tomatoes to the sauce; boil and reduce
the liquid; then pour over the squids.