- 2 pounds of pork spareribs
- 2 tablespoons of grated frozen lemon grass
- 1/2 cup scallions smashed in a mortar
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Have the butcher cut the spareribs into 2-inch pieces.
- Mix the lemon grass, smashed scallions, sugar, black
pepper, fish sauce; then marinate the ribs in the mixture. Make this ahead of time, and
keep the meat in the refrigerator. It can be prepared the night before.
- You can put the spareribs on the grill or under a stove
broiler. Baste them regularly. Turn the spareribs frequently to keep them moist. Cook them
for 40 minutes or longer until the meat is cooked.
- You can serve them as an appetizer or as part of a family
dinner. The Vietnamese serve this dish alongside a dish of pickled mustard greens or
pickled bean sprouts.