- 2 8-ounces cans of boiled young jackfruit
- 8 medium shelled deveined shrimp
- 1/4 pound of lean pork
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed and minced
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
oil to stir fry
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onion or shallot
- 1 teaspoon of chopped polygonum; if you cannot find it then
use coriander instead
- 1 teaspoon of roasted sesame seeds
- toasted sesame seed rice crackers (can be substituted with
non-flavored corn tortilla chips )
For bamboo shoot salad use:
- 2 8-ounces can of boiled bamboo shoots
- Drain the jackfruit in the can, wash with cold water, thin
slice. Squeeze out all the water and set aside. Clean the shrimp and split in half
lengthwise. Julienne cut the pork.
- In a medium sauce pan with 1 tablespoon of oil sauteù chopped
onion, garlic, then add shrimp, pork, salt, sugar and pepper. Stir fry the mixture until
it is cooked, add the jackfruit and toss well. Season to taste. Add polygonum and sesame
seeds. Toss it again.
- To serve the salad, put the salad on a plate, sprinkle on more
sesame seeds and herbs. Arrange sesame seeds rice crackers around the plate. Guests should
try to use the crackers to scoop up the salad.
- You can prepare this dish with canned bamboo shoots. All you
have to do is substitute jackfruit with bamboo shoots, but cut bamboo shoots in thin
- Rinse bamboo shoot with cold water then drain well.
- In this case you can use the same recipe and make 2 kinds of