- 2 pounds of tender rump roast or eye round
- 4 tablespoons of frozen or fresh minced lemon grass
- 10 shallots minced
- 5 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil handful of roasted sesame seed
- 24 bamboo skewers soaked in water overnight
- Thinly cut the beef against the grain 1-inch by 2-inch size.
Marinate the beef in the mixture of lemon grass, minced shallot, minced garlic, sugar,
fish sauce, sesame oil, salt, black pepper, canola oil and sesame seed for 2 hours. Before
serving, grill the meat on the skewers 1 or two minutes for each side. Don't grill too
long if you like the meat tender and moist.
- This dish can be served as an appetizer. Each guest can dip
the meat in the peanut sauce and eat right off of the skewer. It can be served as a first
course before dinner with rice vermicelli, mixed chopped lettuce and various herbs and
with fish sauce dip or peanut sauce.