- 2 whole skinless boneless chicken breasts (Rinse with cold
water and dry with paper towels
- 1 medium sweet onion quartered
1 1-inch piece of ginger
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup of polygonum herb (rau
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 teaspoon of sugar
- ground black pepper
- thin slices of fresh red hot chilies
- 1 8 ounces cellophane noodles (soaked in cold water)
- Bring 6-8 cups water to boil, put in the chicken, ginger and
quartered onion pieces. Boil for 5 minutes, skim all the foam on the top, then simmer
until the chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken, set aside to cool.
- Season the broth with fish sauce, salt and sugar.
- Finely shred the meat, cover and set aside.
- Drain the noodles. In a medium pot, boil the water and cook
the noodles for 3-4 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water to separate the noodles.
- Divide the noodles in 8 or 10 soup bowls. Arrange shredded
chicken, chopped green onion and slices of sweet onion on top. Pour the boiling broth into
the soup bowls. Serve with chopped coriander, polygonum herb, thin slices of red pepper
and black pepper. Serve a small bowl of fish sauce on the side for the guests to season
their soup according to their taste.