- 6 pieces of catfish, or any white flesh and firm fish (about 4
- 4 garlic cloves smashed
1 bunch of spring onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons of caramel syrup or sauce(1)
- 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
fresh ground black pepper
1 cup of water or liquid of one coconut (optional)
(1)See the recipe for this sauce in chicken recipes page.
- Saute the fish in oil with chopped scallions and garlic.
Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to boil, put in the clay pot, and put in a
300-degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and boiled vegetables such as
water spinach or sweet potato leaves or pickled vegetables.